designed by : ?
built by : arix developments in 2012 [listed for 2.49mil]
check out the realtor‘s nice lengthy write-up:
another gorgeous and modern cambie home by arix Developments on super sought-after west 23rd avenue. extra deep 33′ wide lot allows for enormous family living. this top of the line home offers living room/dining room/kitchen and large family room on main floor with bonus boot room, office, chefs kitchen and pantry. upstairs features 4 large bedrooms including an extra big master. the basement is set up for huge media space, double door office or gym, bedroom and possible suite. nice big laundry room with a chute finishes this the amazing family floorplan. two car garage set up nicely to be a laneway house at a later date if desired.
– living, dining, kitchen and family room, office, pantry and boot room
– overheight ceilings
– radiant in-floor heat
– wide plank sand-on-site white oak floors with a white wash finish
– modern wall mounted fireplace with cool single row flame
– built-in hand-made walnut wall-mounted custom-fitted shelving in family Room and office including a walnut wall in each by christian woo
– recessed lighting
– sound system and speakers
– designer chandelier via spencer interiors
– powder room with custom christian woo vanity, designer italian drop light and feature designer italian cubed tiles.
– all custom done and hand-made by christian woo and features an all walnut oversized island, amazing pull out and up cabinets, hidden appliances and even a knotched out walnut cutlery drawer.
– walk-in pantry with loads of storage and wine fridge
– big family room off kitchen with feature tv wall
– office off kitchen too (office is roughed in for wok kitchen if required)
– walk-in boot room at the front of the house with depth to put a jogger stroller, has hooks for backpacks, shelves for shoes and loads of room for jackets
– the back of the main floor has an eclipse sliding door system almost the width of the house which opens up to the back of the house onto the deck and deep yard.
– overheight and vaulted ceilings
– all bedrooms have new zealand wool carpets, built-in closets and extra large windows
– kids bath has a an extremely cool digital image porcelain tile with an extra high gloss seal, christian woo custom vanity all white with dark blue corian feature pull. aquabrass fixtures and swinging glass wall for tub/shower
– master bedroom has built-in speakers, private deck, walk-in closet and ensuite. ensuite features incredible Italian stone “wave and ripple” walls, wall-mounted christian woo walnut vanity with double sink and corian top and wall-mounted faucets by zuccetti, oversized walnut medicine cabinet, free standing soaker tub with tub filler dropped from ceiling, and extra large shower all with waterfall/rainshower head.
– overheight ceilings, huge windows and new zealand wool carpets
– huge media/play room at entry to basement
– double french doors enter into a large office/bedroom or work out room. set up so if you are in there, you can watch kids or tv or shut the doors and have privacy
– laundry/storage room with christian woo open shelving and side by side front load w/d, laundry sink and storage shelf and exit point from laundry chute.
– bedroom with built-in shelving and closet space.
– bathroom features a christian woo vanity, tub shower combo with moveable glass wall and oversized tiles
– lounge room is roughed-in for kitchen and has a large glass door exiting to the back yard.
this room could be combined with the bathroom to rent as a bachelor suite or the bedroom could also be added to rent as a one bedroom and still keep the media room and laundry room for the main house. the floorplan was intentionally set up so any of the options are met with a simple wall being put up in the hallway.
– crawlspace under the deck stores the boiler, hotwater tank as well as ample storage space
– 2 car garage with double french doors facing the house could easily be used as a work out room or office and offers heat, built-in shelving plus plug for electric vehicles. It is also placed on the lot to city codes for a laneway home, it also has rough-in for plumbing and heating if you wanted to convert it at a later date.
– oversized hand-made custom cedar front door, door bell with video phone, select grade cedar facia and trim with incredible matching cedar soffits, glass, and hand-thrown pebble stucco. amazing in the daytime and truly beautiful when lit at night (with exterior lighting all on dimmers).
– modern cedar fence around beautifully landscaped yard with old growth willow tree, mini boxwood hedging, dessert grass, magnolia and stepping stones.
the front door brings warmth to the overall gray colour scheme of the house and draws visitors in.
the kitchen layout offers views to the yard and to the adjacent spaces. simple white/walnut color scheme keeps this home fresh and modern. lack of protruding hardware emphasizes the horizontal lines of the kitchen design.
the stairs feature a high window providing natural light during the day and a feature pendant light. simple stainless steel handrail completes the minimalist look.
the ensuite has the funky tiling on the walls. large floor tiles and frameless shower doors keep wthe visual clutter to a minimum.
master bedroom closet has a clever window above the cabinets allowing natural light in during the day. everyone should be building houses this way. a little planning can go a long way.
the back elevation of the house is just as striking as the front.
lastly, the yard is simple but functional. characteristics of the house were employed in the design of the garage effectively.